Monday, July 6, 2009

Gimme a little more

This past weekend was a very relaxing, fruitful July 4th at the shore. In past years, I raged till the sun came up, then could not function the next day, layed in the sun until my skin turned purple, and took 2 hours to get ready to go out. Now, I go out to dinner, am asleep by 1, wake up at 10, sit outside with 30SPF for about 2 hours, and can be ready in under 1 hour. I now REFUSE to sit in the sun, even if 26 years have passed sans sun screen. Thursday night a few of us went to dinner at Tomatoes, a delicious restaurant that is the place to be if you are 32-62 and single. Also if you are a cougar. Friday was beautiful but dare I touch the sand, I sat on a deck. Friday night was a BBQ for close friend, in which instead of drinking, I became the "runner" for the alcohol- which was fine. My good friend stepped on my foot (the one I had surgery on) but it still is kinda numb so I didn't even feel it. She was horrified. Saturday again, on a deck, followed by the Annual July 4th party at my friend's house. This year, my mom came and was drunker than I was. How's that for cool. It was a really fun party and the weather was perfect (aside from the 12 bug bites...seriously- 12). Sunday was relaxing and now I'm back in PA. Not enough time, on summer holidays it should be Fri - Tues. OFF.

No comments:

Post a Comment