Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Come into my office...

Well, after a tremendously horrible experience with the Phila SD finding a school, I finally am at my new school, semi- settled in.  Everytime I print out a Ms. Goodman sign, or hang up a flyer for parents, I laugh and think, "seriously, like who am I kidding?"  I guess I have a big girl job now!

Things I can predict:
1. Even though my office is right at the front door, and says COUNSELOR on the wall, kids still will have no idea where the counselor is
2. No one will know my name, I'll be called Ms. Good, Ms. G-d, Never Ms. Goodman
3. Because no one has to check in before getting to my office, I will have an influx of parents waiting for me before I get to school
4. My room is the only room w/OUT air conditioning
5.  I will spend more money on school/room supplies than I am being paid
6. On my lunch break I can guarantee daily visits to Walmart and target (they get new shipments in everyday!)
7.  Kids will think I'm "drawwin, corny, hype, and jo."  Translation: crazy, dorky, too excited, or trying too hard.  
8.  The school is a dead zone.  I didn't think those existed except on that scary Verizon commercial.
9. There is a teacher that looks EXACTLY like L.C. from The Hills, I'll tell her when I'm more comfortable, and she will tell me she never watches it. 
10.  The people at Family Dollar will know me.

Check it out....
Office...Room 1 of 2 I have.
Entrance to my Office

3 comments:

  1. hi em,
    u r awesome! behind ur desk, u may want to find a huge pic or a huge photograph of something that u love that is inspirational to u....and it will feel good. can u paint the walls...lol!
    loving u,
    ranj

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mazel Tov! Tell LC from the Hills that she should have never left the show to pursue teaching....whatta idiot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable sign! I give the kids a month to all get to know and respect your gentleness and heartfelt concern. Ranjana, I like your suggestion to hang a huge picture of something inspirational. Em, how about a nice photo of me??

    ReplyDelete